Sunday, July 10, 2016

Dreams, dreams

Dreams, dreams
Jassim Taqui



Ignoring facts on the ground, we opt for dream,
Full of action, fantasy, perfect they appear, seem,

Everything possible including the mighty king,
Ruling with absolute power, owning everything,

Or a queen with powers unlimited, jewel crown,
Living forever with eternal beauty, others down,

She’s the beauty of the universe, she’s the best,
Taming men one after another, enslaving the rest,

Her kingdom is solid, unlimited, so very vast, wide,
None could conquer even if fenced from every side,

Dreams, dreams, no days, you live only in night,
There’s no sadness, sorrow, there is only delight,

But I’m no dreamer, I never ever quit my magic,
I stick to my loved ones, even if the end is tragic,

Even if I turn upside down, on my ultimate way,
Even if oceans revolt, if volcanoes burst, swing, sway,

My eyes would be focused on yours in desperate search,
For the lost warmth, for a final answer in quick march,

How can you write me off, I wrote your name in the sand,
Dreams, dreams bring disaster, dismay. panic all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

U.S. Ambassador Blome’s Meeting with Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Ishaq Dar

U.S. Ambassador Blome’s Meeting with Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Ishaq Dar The below is attributable to U.S. Mission Spokes...