Thursday, July 22, 2021

 Remembering Basra



She said, “Don’t you remember me,

I’m your Basra, your first love, will be”

I said,” What can I say I am now at rest,

But soon will like volcano burst,

Soon you will see me beside you sit,

To have my usual, enduring glace,

Seeing your waters sing, dance,

Nothing left in me except you,

Come lift me, let me go through,

Your beauty, your peaceful face,

Your angels flying around the space,

Come, cross the borders, embrace,

Me like before when we lived in peace,

Come give me hand, save my frail life,

Let us revive the past, let us strive,

Let us erase unwanted present day,

Let us just dream, having our say,

Spread  your hair without delay,

Let me smell you before  turning  a clay,

Take away this mood of misery, despair,

Life kills  us all fair and unfair,

Jassim Taqui

Islamabad dated23.7.2021

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

U.S. Ambassador Blome’s Meeting with Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Ishaq Dar

U.S. Ambassador Blome’s Meeting with Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Ishaq Dar The below is attributable to U.S. Mission Spokes...