Saturday, July 24, 2021

The bizarre webinar

Dr. Jassim Taqui



DG Al-Bab Institute for Strategic Studies

Islamabad, July 24, 2021: During this seemingly unending season of the spread of Covid-19, all and sundry have relied extensively on webinars to communicate with others. Those involved in the activity, seem to love this job since it saves them the trouble of performing their duties. It also jams their brain since the process does not require them to think or to be innovative.

During the last two years, I received invitations from various institutions in Pakistan and abroad. However, I opted not to participate. My daughter Widad Jassim asked me why I don’t like a webinar? I promptly answered, “Because it robs my humanity and makes me an animal.”

Widad was now more interested. She asked me to qualify my views. I convinced her by saying, “ In sociology, man is defined as a social animal. Take away social, you will be ended with an animal. I definitely insist on social contacts because it becomes human contacts.

It is a request to all who concern to cancel webinars. It’s not a demand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

U.S. Ambassador Blome’s Meeting with Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Ishaq Dar

U.S. Ambassador Blome’s Meeting with Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Ishaq Dar The below is attributable to U.S. Mission Spokes...